Searching for a new job can be extremely stressful. In fact, a recent study found that seventy-three percent of job candidates consider the job search process to be one of the most stressful challenges in life. And when you consider the effort that’s involved, it’s no wonder why. First, there’s the financial and emotional insecurity that occurs as a byproduct of unemployment. Then there’s the work that’s required to actually research open positions and establish contact with potential employers. Finally, there’s the frustration that comes along with being ghosted or rejected by hiring managers.
All of this can be very difficult for any individual to handle at once. Thankfully, you don’t need to navigate this process alone. When you partner with a professional staffing agency, you can significantly increase your chances of being paired with an employer and a role that will be well-suited to your particular talents, passions, and professional background. It will also help to alleviate a huge amount of stress from the job search process.
With those ideas in mind, this article will break down ten notable benefits of working with a professional staffing agency, and how it can aid in the search for your next position.
10 Benefits of Working with a Staffing Agency to Find a Job
As we’ve already seen, the process of finding a new job can often be a long and tiring process. Furthermore, an individual’s need to quickly find a new source of income often outweighs their desire to find an employer whose values will align well with their own. In other words, short-term financial needs can often lead to long-term dissatisfaction, which in turn can lead to the need to once again search for a new job. From there, the vicious cycle continues.
But the truth is that you don’t need to sacrifice long-term happiness for short-term necessities. Through the assistance of a professional staffing agency, you’ll have a much greater chance of finding the right position for you in a timely and stress-free manner.
In order to break things down a bit further, here are ten benefits of working with a staffing agency that you should keep in mind before you set out on your next job search:
- You’ll save time. When you embark on a job search on your own, you’ll have to spend large quantities of time researching positions, reaching out to hiring managers, and replying to emails. A professional staffing agency, however, has the resources and ability to expedite the research and communications process, thereby saving you huge amounts of time.
- It will reduce your stress levels. Searching for a new job can take a serious emotional toll when you’re navigating the process alone. Partnering with a staffing agency, on the other hand, removes some of the frustration and hurdles that you otherwise might encounter.
- It will give you a chance to receive valuable professional feedback. Professional staffing agencies specialize in helping job candidates to optimize their resumes, cover letters, and other professional assets. When you partner with a staffing agency, you’ll have the opportunity to speak with a professional about strategies that can be employed to improve your professional presence, which will greatly increase your chances of catching the eyes of top employers.
- You’ll be able to reach more employers. Left to their own devices, job candidates only have access to the employers who exist in (and around) their limited network. On the other hand, staffing agencies will be able to connect you with a much more vast and varied network of employers.
- You’ll be able to find opportunities that offer flexible work options. The freedom to work remotely and with a flexible work schedule is becoming increasingly important to young professionals. Partnering with a professional staffing agency can help you find those rare employers in your area who are able to accommodate your desire for flexible work options.
- Accelerated interview and hiring process. One of the most common (and also most frustrating) aspects of the job search process is the long and protracted period between establishing contact with an employer and actually scheduling an interview. There are many reasons why this phase of the process might take a particularly long time, but it’s often because candidates don’t have the bandwidth to quickly reply to hiring managers. A professional staffing agency, on the other hand, will ensure that communication is maintained at a rapid pace, so that the process of scheduling an interview is streamlined as much as possible.
- You’ll find opportunities with job requirements that match your experience. Staffing agencies also specialize in understanding current hiring trends across industries, which can make it easier for you to get connected with a role that’s well-suited to your unique skill set.
- It will enable you to apply for jobs that aren’t available to the public eye. Oftentimes, employers will be looking to fill positions that have not yet been posted online. A professional staffing agency, however, has the connections and the resources at their disposal to find those hidden opportunities that you might otherwise never know existed.
- The follow-up process will be made easier. Job candidates usually have to spend a lot of time following up on unanswered applications and emails. A staffing agency, however, will ensure that your applications are followed up in a friendly and timely manner, which will allow you to redirect your time and attention in more productive ways.
- You can get connected with temporary opportunities. Are you interested in dipping your toes into your next job before you jump in full-time? No problem! With the help of a staffing agency, you’ll have access to a wide variety of temporary and contract-to-hire job opportunities.
Jumpstart Your Job Search Today!
Patel Consultants has the contacts, resources, and expertise to eliminate the stress from your job search experience. To learn more about our services or to start searching for an exciting new role near you, please email Nick Malefyt at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us today!